About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mother, a sister and a daughter, a lover and a fighter, a best friend and a worst enemy. I am like no one you will ever meet because I am ME! I love what I do even though it causes me to lose my hair and eat WAY too many sweet treats! :) Love me or hate me, you will never forget me!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Injuries, Set-Backs, and Triumphs!

SO...

Neola 5K came and went and I was not amongst those runners who made their way down Uintah Canyon. WHY do you ask....WELL CUZ I AM CURSED!!! LOL!!! Just kidding, I am not cursed BUT, I have been VERY serious about changing myself and my lifestyle AND this means I am bound to get injured whether I mean to or not!

OF COURSE...if you know me personally, then you also know that I am not the exact word of grace! LOL In fact, I am pretty much a MAJOR KLUTZ!! :) Thats ok though!

5 days before the 5K, I was bucked off my horse while I was running barrels in Duchense where I am a member of the Turn 'Em Tight barrel group! (NOT FUN!!) I bruised my lungs, had some serious muscle strains through my pectoral muscles, AND YES, I WILL ADMIT IT...I HAD MAJOR BRUISED EGO SYNDROME!! But lets just say to even breath at this point WITHOUT moving was about enough to make me pass out! LOL!!! So I thought I would just use a compression band that my husband has and just tough it out! Afterall, I am a cowgirl and that old saying you always hear about "cowboy up"...WELL IT IS TRUE!! It hurts, but grow up and do it anyways! SO I figured I would just have a bad time but do my run anyways!

SO...this is not the end of my tale! Since I am doing the jackpot series for my barrel group, I try to ride several times during the week so that my horse and my kid's horses are ready for Monday nights. Well on Wed night, June 30, after my accident in Duchesne and I was at the arena in Neola where I was riding and trying out a new horse my parents let me borrow when I had another accident. I remember saddling all the horses and getting on the ride. I was riding my horse Jazmyn and I was ponying (leading) the new horse Copper. This is all I remember, until I woke up the next morning at 6 AM because my alarm went off and I SWEAR i thought I had been ran over by a steam roller!! (it is ok to laugh because I am now!!!)

Well I guess my ride went great that night and when I went to load the final horse she thought she was going to get kicked by the horse in front of her so she tried to unload herself and when she did she hit the end of her trailer tie and it swung her head into the side of the trialer. Not a big deal, except my head was inbetween her head and the trailer and I went DOWN!! BIG TIME!! Like it knocked me out for about 2 min and I was unconscienous under the feet of this horse. (Good thing they are well behaved horses!!) My husband finally was able to pull me out and get me to come too, but realized how badly I had hit my head when I couldnt even remember the last 2 weeks of my life. SO I ended up the ER in Roosevelt where my neighbor was my attending physician! (THANKS JASON!!) SO...with a HUGE black eye and all my other bumps and bruises, I was forbade by my family to run on July 4th! SORRY GUYS!!!

HERE IS MY BIG NEWS THOUGH!!

So I went down yesterday to work out with Shilo and we did measurements (AND YES IT HURT LIKE HELL, BUT OH WELL!!!) AND I HAVE LOST MORE WEIGHT!! I am down to 214!!! YEAH!!! The point is that even with my injuries and set-backs, I was able to still find a way to keep going!!

JUST WAIT!! My goal for the end of July is 205 (if not lower!!)

AND I AM GETTING NEW PICS READY TO POST TO SHOW YOU THE WEIGHT I HAVE LOST!!!

No comments: