About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mother, a sister and a daughter, a lover and a fighter, a best friend and a worst enemy. I am like no one you will ever meet because I am ME! I love what I do even though it causes me to lose my hair and eat WAY too many sweet treats! :) Love me or hate me, you will never forget me!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

One More Injury to Add to The List!

SO! GUESS WHAT!?!?
Well, if you have not heard by now, I broke my arm! Yes, you heard me, I broke my arm.

NO, I am not that proud of it! i will say however, that at least I am out doing something and not just sitting around! I started this healthy edge challenge in order to get my body to a healthy enough to those activities that i love to do! For me that is riding my horses and having fun in the great outdoors with my family.


SO, i haven't been too much of anything for last 3 weeks because on July 20th i was bucked off my horse. Yes, the same horse that had bucked me of exactly 2 weeks earlier. AND NO, I AM NOT GETTING RID OF HER!! She is an amazing mare and i am so excited to have her!




i have been running barrels on her for the last 4 weeks in order to help in her versatility training and to get her in shape for the elk hunt. She is picky and likes her back cinch in a very particular spot. On the night of the 20th her back cinch shifted slightly and i went for a ride!



Seth took pictures of the entire ride! Gotta love a camera that takes 7 frames per second. This was the picture where my wrist was actually broken.

AND YES, IT HURTS LIKE HELL!!!

Well i broke it at 6:30 in the evening and i would of gotten back on to ride but couldn't pull myself up into the saddle. So I iced it and watched as my kids ran their barrels and then their poles and then we went to the hospital...at 10:00 that night...3 and 1/2 hours later! (A story for another day! It was hilarious what happened to me at the ER!)

HEY...I am a mom first!! Always will be!! My kids were in points contention for their division so I wasn't going to make them forfeit their hard work!




I ended up breaking my radial bone and shoving it up into my wrist. I got to wear a HORRID splint for 2 weeks because they were trying to push a piece of broken off back into place so that i wouldn't have to have surgery! NOT FUN!!!


Well, I have now gotten my cast on but still cant do hardly anything. Cant hardly drive, cant put on eyeliner, can barely feed myself, CANT WRITE!!! I am so frustrated! oh well! It will only be for a month! But it is still very frustrating. It has taken me nearly an hour to type this! And all of this happened while I was doing layout for the magazine getting readsy for the month of August! Thank goodness for Jennifer! She saved my butt! She nearly every lick of writing! I worked myself til I was literally sick with pain just so that we could get it done! July was so amazing for our sales and August will be even bigger and better! THANKS!!!

1 comment:

Super Mom said...

Come on now, you did that layout all by yourself! I tried to help as much as possible but felt quite ineffective, really. Thank heavens for our other good writers, Shallin, Andrea and Mitch Lamb (and anyone else who contributed a story this month). It would've sucked w/out them! But I did put your make-up on you that on day. LOL Glad to help!

BTW...you need to post up some other pics. You look good!