About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mother, a sister and a daughter, a lover and a fighter, a best friend and a worst enemy. I am like no one you will ever meet because I am ME! I love what I do even though it causes me to lose my hair and eat WAY too many sweet treats! :) Love me or hate me, you will never forget me!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

What did YOU do this weekend?



So what did YOU do this weekend?
ME, well I participated in the 3rd Annual Diabetes Fun Show in Vernal, Utah at Western Park. Check out my photo slideshow up above to see what we did!
Out of 11 events, I placed in 7 of them. I took 3rd place in 3 events and 4th place in 4 others. Not bad for a first timer, eh? I had fun and so did the kids AND OH MAN, AM I SORE!!! LOL!!
I have rode my horse a lot but it is normally on the mountain and so then to go and do events like this really put my body and past few months of excercise to the test! It is definitely a lot more work than I realized. BUT it was so worth it. This entire event came about because 2 young ladies decided that they wanted to help others and so they decided to help raise money for the juvenile diabetes research fund. This is their 3rd year doing it and this year I was able to go out and join in the fun!
If you decide that next year you want a day of just laughs and horses and kids and fun and all of it meant for a good cause, then make sure you join us!

No comments: